
Well, I finally made something that took a little more effort than pushing start on the microwave! So here it is, in honor of National Chocolate Chip Day; which was Augst 4th!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
2C All purpose Flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C unsalted butter, softened
1 C sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 C ripe, mashed bananas (about 3 medium)
1/2 C plain yogurt
1/2 C chocolate chips
-- Heat oven to 325 degrees
-- Using shortening or soft butter grease 9x5 inch bread pan with waxed paper
-- Flour the bottom of the pan and tap out the extra
-- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a mixing bowl and set aside
-- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter in a separate bowl. Gradually beat in the sugar. Beat the eggs in one at a time. Blend in the vanilla.
-- In another bowl, stir together the banana and yogurt until blended
-- Blend the dry mixture, banana mixture and creamed mixture in thirds, alternating dry and wet to help prevent clumping
-- Fold in the chocolate chips
-- With a rubber spatula, scrape the batter in to the pan and smooth the top
-- Bake on the center rack of the oven 60-70 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
-- Cool in the pan on a rack 15 minutes
-- Remove from the pan and cool completely before slicing
The recipe actually comes out to about 340 calories per serving (makes 10-12 servings) -- I don't have the exact nutritional info, but I ran it through the Calorie King meal builder and thats how it came out!
Let me just say that I don't normally bake...heck, I don't normally COOK seeing as when I married the man 13 years ago (this month!) he was a chef (who can -- or wants to compete with that?) -- and, further, I don't LIKE fruit breads. But I had almost all of the stuff on hand and the kids LOVE it.
It also makes the house smell yummy!
2 comments:
That looks so good I will have to try it out. Now if we could only get Ashli to post a recipe ;)
I am soooo making this this weekend. I have everything, and I'm just waiting for the bananas to get a little extra ripe!
Post a Comment