Hi, I'm Brittany's friend Joan. I want to post some yummy, healthy recipes, too, but so I'm posting something, here is a recipe for Alfredo sauce that is super easy and fast. You can serve it over any kind of pasta, and it goes well with seafood, chicken, steak, and all kinds of fresh veggies (I love making this sauce with some pasta, shrimp and broccoli). The recipe below is for one batch - you may want to double or triple it for 5 - 6 people.
Ingredients:
2 Tblsp. butter or margarine
1 cup milk
2 Tblsp. flour
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (you can use the kind in a can, but tastes MUCH better with fresh grated)
Fresh garlic, minced or garlic powder to taste
Salt and Pepper to taste
Start by melting the butter over low heat in a small saucepan. Add the milk, then whisk in the flour a little at a time. Flour mixes better with cold milk, so try to whisk the flour in before the milk and butter are too hot. Once this rue is mixed with no lumps, add the seasoning and cheese. Continue to cook over medium-low heat, whisking frequently or constantly until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
I'm excited about this cooking club. Thanks for organizing, Brit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yum!! I'm excited about this one! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment