Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Taco Soup



OK girls, here is a favorite of mine. What has held me back is not having a photo. I keep forgetting to make it and take a photo. Next time I make it, I promise to take a pic and add it to this post … but for now, here is this recipe:

1 lb. ground beef (could use chicken or turkey)
1 can pinto beans, undrained
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can corn, undrained
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 pkg dry ranch dressing mix

Brown your ground beef and then add it to a pot of everything else. Mix in the seasonings. I usually add about a cup of water to make it a little soupier. Let it simmer about 30 minutes. Voila – you’ve got the yummiest soup ev-ah!

For extra calories, serve with grated cheese, corn chips and sour cream. Yummylicious.

3 comments:

The Greenwoods said...

I like this recipe not only because it looks really good, but I have at the ingredients at home in my pantry.

Plus, you can feed a family for less than ten dollar which I absolutely love.

I think we should have a contest on how many ways we can use and transform the word yummy LOL I love it!!!!

AshliO said...

And my girls really LOVE this -- and don't tell Ally, but it's one of the only ways she eats veggies. She has no ideas that she is getting corn, tomatoes and beans when she eats this. HA. I am brilliant.

Nadine said...

Yummioriffic! I totally said I was going to make this before, I think this weekend I will actually do it.