According to Wikipedia, Mojo is the name of several types of hotsauce the originated in the Canary Islands. In cuban cooking, mojoapplies ot any sauce made with garlic,olive oil, and a citrus juice,traditionally sour orange juice. In Cuba, it is served with almosteverything.
You can use this on Beef or Chicken fajitas and everyone fights for the last spoonful. I have also used this for the cooking broth in Fondue, I just add about a cup more of orange juice and 3 to 4 cups chicken broth.
Cook Time: 5
Prep Time: 20
Yummy scale: 5
1/2 c olive oil
2 tbsp finely chopped garlic
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 c orange juice
1/4 c lemon juice (tastes best frshly squeezed)
2 tsp hot pepper sauce, or to taste
salt
Heat oil in a skillet over low heat.Add garlic and cook for 5 min, or until soft but not brown.Removefrom heat.Whisk together parsley, cumin, juices and hot sauce.Whisk in olive oil mixture and season with salt. Cool. Best if eaten within a few hours of preparing.
From http://www.grouprecipes.com/
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
this is HILARIOUS -- I came across a recipe yesterday that had mojo sauce and I had no idea what it was! THANKS!
Post a Comment